As students and parents continue to gain access to technology, how do you feel your role as teacher is changing? What pieces of your practice do you feel you may need to change/enhance?
- technology allows me to communicate in a way that allows everyone is able to access information quickly and when it's most convenient for them (rather then typing a notice and hoping the parents receive it, or making individual phone calls home)
- in the past, I have sent weekly emails to parents to keep them updated on activities going on around the school and in the classroom...this has worked quite well and I've received lots of positive comments about this...however, not everyone in my class has an email address and sometimes the mailboxes are full or won't accept my messages for some reason
- in order to improve the effectiveness of my communication, I am creating a wikispace to not only keep parents informed on what is going on in the classroom, but also to provide additional resources for parents (i.e, assignment criteria) and students (i.e., links to online math games)
No comments:
Post a Comment