What questions/wonderings are beginning to develop for your field study?
- earlier this summer I began putting together a class wiki space (which is a work in progress)
- at this point, I have not decided whether there is going to be an interactive component, or if it will just be a location for me to provide information to the students/parents in my class (as was originally intended)
- I will need more time to see sample wikis and how they were used, before I make that decision
- I am thinking of making my field study questions be something along the lines of: Does the use of a wikispace improve the communication between myself and my students/parents? How does this compare to parents only receiving the weekly emails like last year? Is the wikispace being utilized as a resource, or are parents only relying on the emails that I send? Is the work all for nothing?
- with the wikispace, I will provide links for students/parents to access resources to help them in the different subject areas, as well as connections to assignments, field trip notices, calendar, etc.
- another way to keep parents on top of what is happening in the classroom
- students can never say that they didn't know what was going on
No comments:
Post a Comment